With the weather warming up and becoming much more inviting, it’s understandable that you would want to host your wedding day in such a beautiful setting, outdoors. Outdoor weddings present natural and beautiful options for your wedding venue and provide fresh air for you and your guests.
Are you considering an outdoor wedding? If so, there are a few things you should keep in mind!
We believe that every wedding should be planned with ease! That’s why, here at Devoted Columbus, we have gathered some advice for planning your own outdoor wedding. To gain some great insight, be sure to continue reading:
- Bugs Be Gone. Bugs are obnoxious, and you certainly don’t want your guests to be busy swatting mosquitoes instead of watching your ceremony. Spray for bugs two days in advance to ensure that you outdoor setting is bug-free! Or, provide bug spray for guests to use.
- Light It Up. Lighting is a must, especially if your wedding takes place later in the evening. Be sure that your venue has plenty of places to access electricity for your lighting and other electronics.
- Speaking Up. Just because your wedding is outdoors, doesn’t mean that you can go all natural. You will need microphones to ensure that your vows and more can be heard by every single guest.
- Keeping Your Cuisine Safe. As we discussed above, bugs are sure to put a damper on your wedding and can even get into your food. Protect your food, not just from bugs, but from the weather and debris as well. Lids and tents are a great way to ensure that your food stays safe.
- The Right Season. Is your local area known for storm seasons? If so, avoid these dates when choosing what day to tie the knot! In addition, always have a backup plan in case the weather is not in your favor. Choosing a venue with both indoor and outdoor settings or providing tents would be ideal.
You can be ready to walk down the aisle with confidence as you host your incredible outdoor wedding with these tips! Here at Devoted Columbus, we are ready to assist you with discover the best Columbus wedding vendors. Contact us today to book your wedding vendors in Columbus, Ohio.