Budgets are a part of our daily lives. From grocery budgets to extra spending money, we have to watch our money carefully. This is also true for your wedding planning. Every detail, vendor, decorative item, and more must fit within your wedding budget. Creating your wedding budget will be your first task when planning your wedding.
Have you and your partner created yours yet?
After you have your wedding budget created, you will want to stay on track with it! That’s why, here at Devoted Columbus, we want to help. We understand how difficult it is to stick to your budget when planning an extravagant event. So, we have a bit of advice for the couples that truly want to stick to their budget. Read on to learn more.
- Your Venue. One of the first and most important wedding choices will be your wedding venue. Think of booking your venue for a less popular day, such as a weekday, and looking outside city limits. In addition, it would be best to book your date away from any holidays.
- Invitations. Designing invitations and having them printed for every single guest will create a large bill. Instead, consider electronic invites or creating a wedding website that allows your guests to interact with your wedding news.
- Your Gown. One of the most notoriously expensive wedding details is the wedding gown. You can save money when you shop wisely or consider visiting a consignment shop. Also, know that renting your wedding dress will pose as a much cheaper option.
- Wedding Blooms. Your flowers will help you create beauty and romance within your wedding. Choosing blooms that are in-season is a great way to save money, as is finding a way to repurpose your flowers throughout your big day.
- Food & Drink. Food and drinks can become spendy when choosing a catering option. But, you can actually save money be providing your own food. Just don’t push yourself too much, and consider enlisting help from your trusted loved ones. Or, consider the way you serve your food. Plated meals are usually much more expensive than buffets.
It may not be fun to stick to your wedding budget, but your wallet will thank you for it later! These are just a few ways in which you can save some money when planning your own big day.
If you are in search of the best wedding venues in Columbus, Ohio to bring your own wedding to life, please get in touch with us here at Devoted Columbus. With many vendors to choose from, we would be pleased to pair you with yours.
Photo Source: https://www.reshot.com/ – Joel Sackey